About: Laura Carlsen
Recent Posts by Laura Carlsen
This fall, the CIP Americas Program will be touring cities in the United States to speak about the devastating effects Continue Reading »
Written on October 29, 2013 at 10:43 am
Categories: Drug War
The latest analysis of Snowden leaks from the German magazine Der Spiegel is a bombshell for Mexico. “The NSA has been systematically eavesdropping on the Mexican government for years,” reads the opening line in the Oct. 20 issue.
Written on October 21, 2013 at 10:39 am
Tags: NSA spying-Mexico
One after another, Latin American leaders rose to the podium at the last UN General Assembly to take a stand against the United States’ signature security policy in the hemisphere — the war on drugs.
Women in the Mexican teachers’ movement describe why they are protesting, the conditions they face in their communities and classrooms and the urgent need for democratic change.
Written on September 13, 2013 at 5:36 pm
The Zapatista Good Government Boards turned ten and throughout the five Caracols in the state of Chiapas, villages celebrated the gains made over a decade of indigenous autonomy and self-government.
Written on August 14, 2013 at 11:31 am
Categories: Social Movements
Recent Comments by Laura Carlsen
- June 22, 2013 on Delegation Finds Militarization Causes Suffering, Family Separation and Death at the Border
- June 5, 2013 on Grassroots Organizations Call For New Security Model, Human Rights
- May 20, 2013 on Los inmigrantes, bienvenidos a las cárceles de los condados de Estados Unidos
- December 5, 2012 on Peña’s Promises
- October 28, 2011 on The Birds and the Bees and the GMOs